Tuesday 26 March 2013

Wireless Festival Review 2012


Let's get one thing straight, I am not a festival sort of girl. Some of the more 'hardcore' festival goers will probably claim that Wireless is not a festival at all, however with my hatred of mud, camping and portaloos Wireless is the closest I am going to get to experiencing a festival.
20120708-223508.jpg
After attending in 2011 and absolutely loving it I decided to bite the bullet and pay the 50 something pounds for a 2012 ticket. Compared to most other festivals Wireless is inexpensive, day tickets without camping for some of the bigger festivals such as V are triple the price!

The line up over all three days was pretty damn good if I may say so myself but we decided upon Saturday 7th July.

The weather forecast was atrocious (torrential rain and possible thunderstorms) but luckily there were only two major downpours. We all bought rain ponchos for a bargain price of £3, a steal considering a burger was £6 and a pint of magners £4.50!

They were the size of tents which meant we didn't look particularly attractive but did mean that I could bust out some hilarious dance moves and stay dry at the same time.
20120708-223700.jpg
In general everything apart from the rain macs was overpriced so I would definitely advise taking in your own food ect. (£30 for a jug of cocktail, are you mad?)

It was a difficult choice over who to go and see as there were 4 stages in total and some of our favourites clashed but we decided upon Clement Marfo and The Frontline, Professor Green, Wiz Khalifa, Josh Osho, Mikill Pane, Example, Nicki Minaj and Drake. All of them exceeded expectations. I have seen artists in the past who sound dire live but everyone we saw were amazing, so much energy.

(Its probably just me but I always expect famous artists to be massive in real life? They were all so tiny.)
I managed to only need a wee once throughout the whole day (you really needed to know that right?) and was pleasantly surprised to see that as well as horrible portaloos there were portable cubicles which had Andrex toilet paper (living the life of luxury) and mirrors (constantly had crowds of girls around them).

We managed to wiggle our way slowly to the front of the main stage for a few of the acts but unfortunately the crowds were not very friendly and generally consisted of partially naked pretentious 16 year old girls and boisterous weed smoking fools.

This meant that although you got a great view you couldn't stand for more than a minute without some idiot barging into you or inhaling someones second hand drug smoke (Security bag searched everyone but not very thoroughly so it is no wonder that some managed to bring drugs in).

20120708-223708.jpg
I am not very patient and don't enjoy having strange teenage boys rubbing up against me so we left the crowds after a while and found a spacious area nearer the back.

The litter was so disgusting, I have never seen so many bottles, kebabs, cups ect in one place, there probably wasn't a square inch of ground which didn't have some sort of rubbish on it!

I also have to mention that I have never seen so many girls in the same damn pair of butt cheek exposing high waist denim shorts. (this would have been acceptable if a) the weather was remotely summery, b) they had remotely toned legs) I DON'T WANNA SEE YOUR CELLULITE GIRLLLLL! We all have it I know, but save it for a sunny day please...
Overall Wireless was magnificent, if you love live music, hate camping, can't afford £150 for a day, live in or near London and prefer chart music this is the 'festival' for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment