Wednesday 19 June 2013

A not so small shopping haul!

So I would say I'm still fairly new to this blogging thing, I'm still not really sure where to take this blog or whether to take it in any one direction at all! For now I'm just going to post what I feel like posting and see where it takes me...

I'm not going to lie I'm a bit of a nosy parker and one of my favourite style posts to read on other blogs is a haul post. If you know me well you'll know that I shop ALOT, definitely a lot more that I should be especially now that I've finished university (goodbye student finance it was good while it lasted..) and am unemployed!

However I have been on a few shopping trips recently and I can justify all of them (celebrating the end of uni, searching for an Ascot dress) ...I just can't really justify the things that I bought, but I thought I'd show you all some of my favourite purchases!

First stop Primark. First stop on any shopping trip with me is always Primark because I know how sneaky they are at copying the designs in other high street stores and I get very very annoyed if I've forked out on something elsewhere that they have for cheaper.


I picked up these 'midi rings' (they're the sort that fit above the middle of your finger rather than sitting on the bottom) for £1.50 for 8 rings I thought it was a complete bargain. I had a tiny silver version before and I lost it really easily but it looked so pretty on, at this price I won't really care if I lose these! I love the fact they had included rose gold ones too, I got a rose gold Michael Kors for my 21st and although I'm a fan of mixing gold and silver these dainty rings will really complement it!




Next thing I found was this floral bun topper, you've all seen the floral headbands and crowns that have been doing the rounds and although I do own one I just feel a little bit like a wannabe hippie in it so this was a perfect solution for me. I hope you can see from the picture but it's intended to fit around your bun or top knot!



I never thought I would buy one of these, I do think they are genius but I can't do without a clutch bag on a night out (where am I going to put my hairbrush and make up? ahah!) however after a bit of thought I realised this is still a good solution to the panic I get when I open my bag on a night out and cant immediately see my phone/purse...it will also be useful on holiday when I don't need to carry a bag and at £4 it was a steal compared to the Topshop ones I'd seen.


Again these shoes are something I wouldn't usually buy but I have two holidays coming up and I have lived in heeled ankle boots all year so I have become accustomed to having that little bit of extra height. At 5'3 I feel a little bit tiny in flats and although my trusty converse and flip flops will also be in my suitcase these are ideal for evenings out and they are actually so comfy! (and only £10!)

My last two purchases were handbags...



First was this white satchel with gold stud detail. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it and I am having a dilemma at the moment with handbags because I generally only have really big bags or really small ones?! So I thought this was a good in-between bag that'll be ideal for holiday and at £9 I couldn't resist even though my sister told me to put it back multiple times...



The main reason my sister gave me so much agg about buying the white bag was because the week before I had gotten this one! It is absolutely a dupe for the Zara zipped bowling bag and there are also very similar ones in Topshop...but this one was £10! I have to commend Primark, they have definitely upped the quality of their bags, this one doesn't look cheap or tacky in any way - I have already been using it for a week and so far it is passing the test of time. 

There is one last thing I wanted to show you and it is this beauty of a dress from Forever 21.




I was in Oxford Street on the hunt for my Ascot dress (which I finally found in Topshop!) when I found this dress. I have a love/hate relationship with Forever 21, I love the feel of their stores and they have so much variety but I hate that it almost feels like hunting for a needle in a haystack. There tends to be so much tack and bad quality stuff and it takes a good shop around to find anything worth buying. But when you do...its amazing! This dress is chiffon with double straps and an underlay mini dress, so from the thigh down its sheer. It was priced at around £25 but when I got home I realised it had gone through the till at £12! 
It is still online here


Let me know what you think by leaving a comment or find me on twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment